Obedience to His will

The obedience of Jesus even to the point of death is the one that made me to more and more convicted to be like Him, to everyday desire to be like Jesus, His obedience has showed all of us the kind of trust He has of the Father. He never wasted a single moment, but everyday, He witness, spoke, and live out a life that is totally pleasing to the Father.

Just like Jesus, the gospel today is reminding us of the kind of heart that we should possess, a heart that is obedient to the will of the Father. Sometimes, we would be caught up with events, situation, and circumstance in our lives that would challenge that obedient heart, I remember when God called me to be a missionary fulltime for Him, I have always dreamed of being a doctor, to live a life that is totally comfortable, with all the perks of being a doctor, but somehow along the way the Lord has called me to a life where I can glorify Him more, to a life, where riches and comfort has other meaning, were your treasure is not here on earth but up there in heaven. I doubted, resisted, and ignore the call, but after a long prayer of discernment, I have learned to obey, though at some point doubtful, but God made me see what others don’t see, and hear what others don’t hear. I look back, but not a single moment I regret my decision to leave my dream of being a doctor, and pursue the greater plan of God for me, to be His messenger, His missionary.

The gift of mission is the greatest privileged God has blessed me with, it has been 10 years, im still a FTW for Him, and not thinking anymore of doing something else, devoting my life to Him and His work, to be a Shepherd to His flock, glorifying Him here on earth by accomplishing the task He has privileged me to do (John 17:4).

No comments:

Post a Comment